Indoor Demo Area, Exhibit Hall
Wednesday, December 8 | 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday, December 9 | 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday, December 10 | 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM
The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) and Pronto, a leading safe-driving autonomy company, will be hosting the first of a series of roadshows at ITS America 2021 Annual Meeting. The roadshow will highlight two demonstrations of automated driving systems developed under the Trucking Fleet Concept of Operations (CONOPS) project, a four-year, $10 million effort sponsored by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the Federal Highway Administration.
The VTTI and Pronto roadshow will feature:
- Interactive visualizations of a prototype truck automated driving systems (ADS) database and map created from data collected during the ADS cross-country demonstration.
- Presentations highlighting a “behind the scenes” look at the ADS cross-country drive, including preparation, planning, training, data inputs, and real-world applications.
- To be held Wednesday, 12/8 and Thursday, 12/9 at 12:30 PM and 4:00 PM; Friday, 12/10 at 11:00 AM
- Displays of real-time data streams collected from the ADS-equipped truck during the cross-country drive.
- Interactive live chat with a Pronto engineer who is monitoring the cross-country data collection from the ADS truck cab in real time.
- Slideshow, drawn from the port queuing demonstration, illustrating how ADS-equipped trucks can relieve major congestion points in daily port operations.