ITS AMERICA CONFERENCE & EXPO ANNOUNCES 2024 THEME AND CONFERENCE TOPICS
NORWALK, CT – ITS America Events announced the theme for the 2024 ITS America Conference & Expo, Accelerating Digital Transformation, and shared the conference topics for the 2024 event. Produced in partnership by RX Global and ITS America, the conference is confirmed to take place at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona, from April 22-25, 2024 (Tech Tours: April 22 | Conference & Expo: April 23-25).
ITS America Conference & Expo is the only event that brings together ITS leaders from all relevant sectors. Attendees include experts from national, regional, and local transportation agencies, private sector ITS solution providers, technology companies, auto manufacturers and suppliers, and research and academic institutions.
“We look forward to welcoming ITS professionals to ITS America Conference & Expo and to Phoenix, Arizona, a city that is transforming its transportation infrastructure by tripling the amount of light rail miles, creating 300 miles of walkable bike paths, greenways and urban canal paths, lowering its city’s carbon intensity by 80%; along with other investments and initiatives to create a more sustainable transportation system,” said Jaime McAuley, ITS America Events’ Event Director. “We are thrilled to bring the industry together to showcase the latest innovations and advancements in the intelligent transportation space.”
Conference topics for 2024 include:
- Automated Vehicles – Those participating in this track will address automated vehicle policies, regulations, and programmatic efforts focused on automated vehicles, self-driving trucks, freight, automated transit, workforce impacts and mitigation strategies, transportation system integration, and more.
- Emerging Technologies – This track will focus on the rapidly evolving cutting-edge emerging innovation of advanced air mobility (AAM), artificial intelligence (AI), and quantum computing, amongst other trends.
- Digital Infrastructure – Sessions will explore collecting, analyzing, and sharing data, software, and processes related to digital infrastructure; digital twinning; cybersecurity; broadband and cellular communications networks to send and receive data; and edge computing and cloud services. Participants will achieve a better understanding of the future of smart and digital infrastructure that underpins our transportation and infrastructure system.
- Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X)/Connected Transportation – This track will examine the issues surrounding the development and deployment of V2V, V2I, and V2P technologies in the 5.9 GHz band, spectrum allocation and use, standards development, and connected transportation technologies operating outside of the dedicated spectrum.
- Multi-Modal Equitable Mobility – Sessions in this track will address multimodal transportation including transit and cargo delivery automation, payment integration, mobility wallets, accessibility, equity, rural/suburban MOD, micromobility, and associated workforce impacts.
- Climate Resilience and Sustainability –This track will dive deeper into electric vehicles, charging infrastructure, power generation, power grid capability and resiliency, alternative fuels, decarbonization, tools to address infrastructure resiliency, and more.
“Our industry is in the midst of a massive digital transformation that will enable safer, more resilient, sustainable, and equitable mobility. Bringing the industry together to discuss how we can collectively accelerate investments in digital infrastructure and technology solutions that support the next generation of transportation is critical” said Laura Chace, President & CEO, ITS America. “At ITS America Conference & Expo 2024, we have the opportunity to share best practices on how to implement these technologies and develop partnerships to scale deployment in every community.”
“We are excited to have the ITS America Conference & Expo 2024 in Phoenix,” said Arizona Department of Transportation Director Jennifer Toth. “The conference’s visit to our state will be a chance for all to learn more about how technology is bringing innovation to transportation systems around the country. We hope to learn from others while having the opportunity to share technological advances that are making Arizona roads safer.”
Registration for the event will be available in the new year. For more information on ITS America Conference & Expo, visit: www.itsamericaevents.com/expo/en-us.html.
ITS America Events
ITS America Events, managed by RX, encompassing ITS America Conference & Expo and ITS World Congress when in North America, brings together decision-makers and their supporting teams from public and private sector transportation agencies to learn about the implementation of new technologies, work together to advance mobility solutions that will enable a safer, greener, and smarter transportation system across the globe.
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America advances the research and deployment of intelligent transportation technologies to save lives, improve mobility, promote sustainability, and increase efficiency and productivity. Our vision is a better future transformed by transportation technology and innovation: Safer, Greener, Smarter. For All. For more information, please visit www.itsa.org.
About RX (Reed Exhibitions)
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities, and organizations. We elevate the power of face to face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products, and complete transactions at approximately 400 events in 22 countries across 42 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com.