You’ve done your research and recognized attending ITS America Conference & Expo 2024 will help you learn, develop, and advance in your career—now it’s time to convince your boss. Focus on what you'll bring back to the team and the value beyond your day-to-day responsibilities. Keep it short, powerful, and organization- or team-focused. Resources include:
CONVINCE YOUR BOSS
GET THE GO-AHEAD TO ATTEND ITS AMERICA CONFERENCE & EXPO
4 TIPS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
When crafting your plan, think about the bottom line: Why should the organization budget for your trip, and what's the return on the investment?
- Determine the value. Show specifics on how your attendance will impact current projects, inspire knowledge, and eliminate obstacles.
- Be solutions driven. What issues pop up again and again? List exhibitors who can provide the solutions your organization needs.
- Inspire your team! Make a list of all the educational sessions you’ll be attending along with their titles, descriptions, and actionable takeaways.
- Provide a post-event rundown. Offer to deliver a short presentation or write up on your key takeaways.
- Plan for your absence. Whether it’s working ahead or tapping a colleague to help, explain how your time away is covered.
No other event puts you in direct contact with as many companies and industry leaders as ITS America Conference & Expo. The reasons to attend are many, but here are some important points to present to your boss:
- Discover smart mobility solutions: Connect with experts from leading companies and see the latest mobility trends and innovative solutions with more than 100+ exhibiting companies and live demonstrations.
- Inventive education: An unparalleled opportunity to learn about the latest ITS technologies and implementations. Exploring "Accelerating Digital Transformation" this year's Conference Program will focus on how leaders are implementing and deploying new technology to make our world safer, greener, and smarter for all.
- Get access to leaders and professionals: Network and make meaningful connections with your peers, find potential business partners, and connect with industry experts ready to solve your toughest challenges.
SAMPLE LETTER TO MANAGEMENT
Download a sample letter to use as a starting point while conveying the importance of the event to your boss.