FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAM
ITS AMERICA CONFERENCE & EXPO FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAM - WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
The Future Leaders Program, brought to you by Southwest Research Institute (SWRI) and ITS Texas, is designed to bring students, emerging leaders, and young professionals to the ITS America Conference & Expo; providing them an opportunity to attend education sessions, training, meet with exhibitors, sponsors, technology providers, and network with ITS professionals that can offer career advice and mentorship.
Registration is complimentary for all students participating in the Future Leaders Program, and includes access to the full education program, networking, refreshments, and lunch. To register, visit itsamericaevents2023.com/futureleaders.
Future Leaders Programming includes:
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Welcome/Continental Breakfast | Austin Room 1
- 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM: Plenary Session – Implementing Innovation and Building an Equitable Transportation System | Main Stage
- 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Walking Tour of Expo Hall with SWRI
- 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM: Break
- 12:30 PM: Lunch | Austin Room 1
- 1:00 PM – 1:50 PM: Guest Speakers | Austin Room 1
- Ed Seymour, Senior Research Fellow, TTI
- Tom Bamonte, Senior Program Manager – Transportation Technology & Innovation, NCTCOG
- Joe Hunt, Business Operations Manager – TxDOT, ITS Texas
- Josh Johnson, Director R&D – Intelligent Systems Division, SWRI
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Poster Session/Student Presentations | Main Stage
- 3:00 PM: Break
- Students are encouraged to attend conference sessions during this time.
- Stop by ITS Texas in Booth #1523 to network with ITS professionals that can offer career advice, mentorship, and review resumes.
As a participant in the Future Leaders Program, students have the opportunity to submit a 500-word ITS related abstract that will be reviewed by SWRI, ITS Texas, and ITS America Events and five (5) students will be chosen to present at ITS America Conference & Expo. Abstracts can be submitted to Minh Le by March 31 to be considered.
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT:
ITS America Events
Director R&D - Critical Systems Department
Treasurer and Student Chapter Liason